F2P Customs

Discussion in 'Site/Game Improvements' started by Jonah, Aug 19, 2015.

1. SuPra Legendary Donator
    • Legendary Donator

SuPra
    Posting Rank:
    Thing is people pay to be able to overpower other people. But the sad thing is they done it in f2p. Which 90% of us ns and switch in. If it was for p2p mode nobody would give a shit.

2. Angeline GFX Artist
    • Legendary Donator
    • Forum Mod

Angeline
    Posting Rank:
    Why are a lot of people so butt-hurt about this thread? You either support/no support and state the reason why. Move on. :penguin: 

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Pain Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

Pain
    Posting Rank:
    Incorrect with the values. The golden sight only gives an addition of +5 to it. The coloured bows in general have the higher range stats. Only reason the golden sight is OP, is because rune arrows can be used with it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. SuPra Legendary Donator
    • Legendary Donator

SuPra
    Posting Rank:
    they seem to hit way higher than others through protect from range aswell

5. Jonah Trusted Dicer
    • Legendary Donator
    • Trusted Dicer

Jonah
    Posting Rank:
    I don't know how they're incorrect I looked at the Equipment Stats in the inventory slot with no armour on lol

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Pain Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

Pain
    Posting Rank:
    I'm saying, if you compare a coloured golden sight bow to a maple golden sighted bow; you'll see the coloured one is the bow which gives that massive bonus. Although the bonus is high; in combat its fairly equal. Someone with a regular bow can kill another with the coloured bow.

All I'm saying is the golden sight doesn't give that high bonus. It only adds +5 to the current bow bonus.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. a raw trout Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

a raw trout
    Posting Rank:
    I fully agree with this thread, and I have agreed with it for a very long time. Just as I was/am against custom weapons in the members server, I understand that the use of these items is ultimately to secure income for the server and keep it running. If all players were to use normal weapons and not purchase all of the extra custom weapons, then these items wouldn't continue to be added. Unfortunately, players seize the opportunity to get an advantage over others and purchase the custom weapons for that advantage. Eventually, the purchases of some players result in purchases from other players so that the competition can be even between them. This is very beneficial with regards to income for the server, but makes the game less fun. I support your belief and I wish that custom weapons were left out of the game, but that is not the case and it is much too late to change that. Most of the server is F2P players, and therefore it would be unrealistic to only target members players with money-making schemes.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Harmful Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

Harmful
    Posting Rank:
    yo support honestly this server has come to shit with all the customs because last time i checked all people really do is ns and paying over 500 dollars for crossbows on a server that might now even last that long is ridiculous

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jonah Trusted Dicer
    • Legendary Donator
    • Trusted Dicer

Jonah
    Posting Rank:
    bump

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Dagga Active Member

Dagga
    Posting Rank:
    i fucking hate you orberr but support. I'd rather not have my nses have any edge on my alternative account, Knobs. Specs, bro. I'm out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 0chicken1 Junior Member

0chicken1
    Posting Rank:
    Support , ackmed stop beggin for money bruv

• Like Like x 1
  12. Panther Senior Member

Panther
    Posting Rank:
    I do not support the removal of custom sighted bows.
    Reason
    People donated for these custom f2p items to have an advantage; That being said if these bows were removed massive refunds would have to be given which is highly unlikely. I do agree all auras should be pay to play only. While we are on the subject I think all Pay to Play customs should be pvm only. I have seen new players join and quit the same day because they start off with 1 million gp and can not compete with the donators.
    For all those who think I like the f2p customs. I think they should of never been added in the first place.
    For all those who think I like the f2p customs. I think they should of never been added in the first place.

13. 0chicken1 Junior Member

0chicken1
    Posting Rank:
    U r clearly autistic & new to this server ? ppl paid for items & it has been removed before so idk what crack ur snorting G , like before ppl paid for donator for free yells n name changes not to have a retarded dollar sign beside there name

14. Panther Senior Member

Panther
    Posting Rank:

15. Jonah Trusted Dicer
    • Legendary Donator
    • Trusted Dicer

Jonah
    Posting Rank:
    I don't think people would care about the Golden Sight being removed cause of the rune arrows. As myself and many others said, the old players don't want to play because of that. I even asked them myself and they said they don't like the way F2P is on here.

I agree about this.

ikr I donated for legendary when it was worth it now I have no benefits lmao

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Panther Senior Member

Panther
    Posting Rank:
    Have fun being angry at me for having my own opinion but you should go support Jonah's thread about donations (Topic 5367). Have a nice day buddy.

17. Tupac Shakur Legendary Donator
    • Legendary Donator

Tupac Shakur
    Posting Rank:
    Support tbh also agee w/ Jett.
    It's alright tho after awhile everyone got everything and we will have another server reset because the economy got ruined again. It's just weird how playworld can come up with all those customs but not think of an idea that would actually work and keep the server funded. I'm guessing a server wants more players and not less, and after how many years we gained what? 20? Because the rest already quit or is multilogged. Assumin havin more players would lead to more donations. But eh whos actually gonna play a pre eoc server w/ weapons they never even heard of or looking for? Im assuming almost nobody since (almost none) of the new players stayed. So maybe playworld should have some changes if you actually want to keep your server up and not just dig money out of it for now. And oh yh before I get thrown at me, I'm not really active and mostly afk, I would actually play if i didn't see the same 10 people and the rest afkin or bottin or whatever they are doing with all this bullshit and no new players or anything at all. Honestly it's just really boring now and events only are NOT changing that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Mautaz Legendary Donator
    • Legendary Donator

Mautaz
    Posting Rank:
    What's funny is, all of you who are against this new items implemented in-game yet you HAVE THEM. Most of you actually Pvm for ectos just to buy them from players who donated to get the items for themselves and sell you the items like colored bows, golden sight bow, and all of the strong p2p and F2p weapons. It's usually those who are AGAINST the new contents in-game shouldn't have them. But somehow you are not liking this new contents in-game and you continue to buy them through others and use them? That doesn't make sense. Usually those who are not in favor of this shouldn't get them. But the moment the update happened, EVERYONE rushed in to make money to purchase them and use them.

Also, I know most of you will say "to make it even" instead of having a disadvantage vs your opponent. The server will always have to meet requirements and be funded. Every server changes it's game contents and brings something new to the community. It will always have a positive/negative impact on the community. At the end, everyone goes for the new contents. Don't even think about denying it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Taurus Forum Moderator
    • Server Moderator
    • Legendary Donator
    • Forum Mod

Taurus
    Posting Rank:
    I'll try to keep this short, but what I do not understand is how months ago, most of the playerbase was aware of the idea of having an "Economy server" and even supported this thread - which was an introduction to the new server (which had NO custom content):
    http://playworldpw.com/forum/threads/era-of-runescape.4776/

One of the main points behind this server was to have a Pre-EOC feel, along with custom-free content. In the beginning people played the economy server...then before you know it, many of these people began to stop playing it. I won't lie, but that was maybe one of the lowest playerbases we had and guess what? It was custom-free. Later on in May, the previous server was brought back again and the playerbase bounced back; once again, customs were re-introduced to the server again.

It's September now, and here we are back to square one. I'm not looking for a continuous debate, but this is what I've observed over the last few months.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Pain Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

Pain
    Posting Rank:
    I seriously facepalm every dumb comment I see in opposition of customs. If you say on how you play/join since it was close to 'Pre-EoC/old RS feel' and how that is lowering the player base; then do explain where any of you right now were when there was absolutely ZERO customs and PlayWorld's aim for 100% a old RS experience.

When PW went into an economy server, where there was no customs; not even donor ranks, so the server wouldn't be profiting anyway as nothing could be purchased through donations, for it was intended as a RS experience and everything achieve-able through the game itself. At that time, none of you were even playing the game either way. So you can cut with the bullshit on how everyone joined for the old RS experience, when clearly most didn't continue with the economy server.

The additional custom updates actually improve the game, rather it being the same old dead repeated concepts. It makes players do something more, when they either don't have it or already have something lower then a custom item. As of regarding OP F2P items such as golden sights; I've beaten users who use golden sights with coloured bow, with a regular sighted bow.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  • Jan 16, 2017 at 9:52 PM