List of suggestions

Discussion in 'Site/Game Improvements' started by irf33, Jul 7, 2015.

1. irf33 Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

irf33
    Posting Rank:
    1. Add a gold dwarf cannon for legendary donors that can load 2/3 times more cannon balls than the regular ones
    2. Reload and fire cannons with one click
    3. Hex hunter bow for dungeoneering
    4. Increase the prices of Overloads at ariane, pvmers have an unimaginably high profit margin with no loss at all
    5 Entering the nex lair should require crystal keys or frozen keys, this will increase their demand and players can sell them off to high level pvmers for a good profit
    6 I know prices fluctuate but bearing the same point as that in no. 4, increase the prices of saradomin brews at ariane, this helps tone down the profit margin since pvmer's pvm without any loss at any time
    7. Same suggestion as my old post, Add weekly requirements to keep the comp cape ( cut 100 magic logs, mine 200 iron ores + anything else you can think of )
    8. player owned houses have no use at all at the moment, so make have one, worthwhile; maybe spawning random items in one..
    9. Bakriminel bolts that can cause constant damage for a few seconds
    10. Bring back voting, helps advertise playworld
    11. Add 120 capes
    12. What happened to events at multi..? Spawn monsters like the good old days and add rewards like tickets..
    13. Buff nex, modify the ice phase like the one on rs, therefore soloing would be extremely difficult, and pak yaks will be useful once again
    14. Enable name changing for donors, for free
    15. Add Dreadnips to the summoning shop, they should deal an insane amount of damage but make them expensive AF; they shouldn't cost tickets, or make them obtainable from PVM, minigames

il keep editing this thread

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. Le Ace Legendary Donator
    • Legendary Donator

Le Ace
    Posting Rank:
    1. I don't think this will be any difference due to the fact your cannon will always be right next to you and you can just add 30 in and get it going. The only thing I can support is to have it be able to be a 1 click to add/launch.
    5. I support this idea as it will in fact make the game more interesting for players to work on obtaining a frozen key from other others to be able to go into nex lair. Especially the fact we can sell it to others to go nex if they have no luck.
    11. This isn't a priority to focus on currently but it will be worked with in the future.
    14. I don't support this due to the fact most players would abuse this if they were able to change their names constantly mainly for trolling. So that's a no support as this has happened numerous times in the past. So having name card to do so I believe is a great idea and should not be changed.

3. Jonah Trusted Dicer
    • Legendary Donator
    • Trusted Dicer

Jonah
    Posting Rank:
    One suggestion from me is adding the FOG Tokens to your bank when you get a kill in red port, castle wars, etc. Annoying when you're inventory is full and you get none of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. a raw trout Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

a raw trout
    Posting Rank:
    There is an individual response for each of your ideas shown below. I think that some of these could be implemented (1, 3, 9), and others could be implemented if changed slightly (7, 10, 12, 15). The other ideas are either not practical (4, 5, 6, 13), or not necessary (2, 8, 11, 14)

1. Add a gold dwarf cannon for legendary donors that can load 2/3 times more cannon balls than the regular ones

This could work. Alternatively it could be stronger and hold the same amount of cannonballs.

2. Reload and fire cannons with one click
    The quote shown above can be viewed in this thread.

3. Hex hunter bow for dungeoneering

This is one item that should be added. Blood necklace, shadow silk hood, and runes should also be added. I'm hoping that these will come in future updates for the skill.

4. Increase the prices of Overloads at ariane, pvmers have an unimaginably high profit margin with no loss at all
    Increasing the price of Overloads wouldn't cause many players to have lower profit margins. I could go for weeks without a need to buy more overloads. I have 450 hours worth of Overloads purchased.
    As I stated here, this increase in cost would target new players who haven't made money yet, and can't afford to purchase the necessary items to boss.

5 Entering the nex lair should require crystal keys or frozen keys, this will increase their demand and players can sell them off to high level pvmers for a good profit
    This idea wouldn't result in beneficial things for the Playworld economy/community. Activity at Nex should be encouraged because Nex's drops are often traded between players. If this suggestion were implemented, players would be encouraged to go to Armadyl so that they could go to Nex for a cheaper price. This would result in high level players with good gear crashing the new players at Armadyl in order to get keys. Armadyl is already very overused, and it would be best not to encourage it's overuse further.

I have about 20 crystal keys in my bank at this moment in time. I could go through those in 2 days, or at best make it through a week of non-no life Nexing before I run out. This may seem like a lot, but it isn't really considering the fact that I have earned those 20 crystal keys in the 3 weeks I've been back to Playworld.

6 I know prices fluctuate but bearing the same point as that in no. 4, increase the prices of saradomin brews at ariane, this helps tone down the profit margin since pvmer's pvm without any loss at any time
    Increasing the price of saradomin brews wouldn't cause many players to have lower profit margins. I have a lot of them banked, and depending on which bosses I choose, I could go for months without a need to buy more. Furthermore, if the price were to be increased, I could sell my massive collection of brews to players for an even greater profit.
    As I stated here, this increase in cost would target new players who haven't made money yet, and can't afford to purchase the necessary items to boss.

7. Same suggestion as my old post, Add weekly requirements to keep the comp cape ( cut 100 magic logs, mine 200 iron ores + anything else you can think of )

This is the same suggestion as your old post, and therefore justifies the same response.

8. player owned houses have no use at all at the moment, so make have one, worthwhile; maybe spawning random items in one..
    I built myself a POH with almost all of the rooms. There are a few minor uses for it, and I think that they will become more useful with future updates.

9. Bakriminel bolts that can cause constant damage for a few seconds
    I think that I have suggested this in the past. I would support having these added with the same effects that they had in pre-EoC Runescape.

10. Bring back voting, helps advertise playworld
    I would support this. Having people vote to equip items, however, isn't the way to go about this. The F2P portion of this server is larger than the P2P portion, and voting to equip specific items only motivated P2P players to vote. If voting is introduced, everyone should have an incentive to do so.

11. Add 120 capes
    I don't think these are necessary, but I don't have any significant opinion on this topic.

12. What happened to events at multi..? Spawn monsters like the good old days and add rewards like tickets..
    There was one about a week ago. I would enjoy seeing more of these as well, but sometimes the rewards are a little bit overdone. I would do them for fun. Another option for rewards would be the 1 hour custom weapons.

13. Buff nex, modify the ice phase like the one on rs, therefore soloing would be extremely difficult, and pak yaks will be useful once again
    If Nex was overcrowded I would support this to encourage duos, but as of right now Nex isn't overcrowded and there aren't always two players willing and capable of duoing Nex. Making Nex harder would decrease the activity there to the point where almost nobody would be active at Nex on any given day.

14. Enable name changing for donors, for free
    I don't think these are necessary, but I don't have any significant opinion on this topic.

15. Add Dreadnips to the summoning shop, they should deal an insane amount of damage but make them expensive AF; they shouldn't cost tickets, or make them obtainable from PVM, minigames
    I don't think that "making them deal an insane amount of damage" is the correct way to go with this. I also think that if they were to be added, they should be available from the Dominion Tower. This is where they are purchased in Runescape, and there currently aren't any incentives to do Dominion Tower other than the requirement for comp cape.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. irf33 Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

irf33
    Posting Rank:
    Thanks for your feedback, justifiable points made..
    I have an additional list, to top up the first post
    16. Voting every 24 hours gives players a random gift pack containing stuff ranging from junk to party hats, this will give players the incentive to vote..
    17. Add an extremely expensive armour set ( Tetsu ) Costing 200 ecto tokens for the whole set, apart from being cosmetically appealing, its stats should be as good though, but no too OP. We need something in game that drives players to work for it everyday, and not just pointless pvming
    18. Bearing in mind point 17, to supplement that, from my previous posts, Enable capturing NPC's too
    19. Move revenants to deep red portal, considering how small the community is now, it'd be nice to go kill them for corrupts and at the same time risk getting pked. i doubt anyone would gear to all the way to pk in wildy caves. At the same time disable teleing from red portal

6. Jonah Trusted Dicer
    • Legendary Donator
    • Trusted Dicer

Jonah
    Posting Rank:
    Number 16 - Horrible. No need to give people free items for doing nothing but sitting in FFA. Should stick to being able to get protect items on death from voting or something like that (only for a couple of hours though). Party hats are called "rares" for a reason, don't need a lot of them in game again.
    Number 17 - I like the idea as long as it's not too OP.
    Number 18 - I like the capturing NPC's idea.
    Number 19 - I like this idea, since no one really leaves the home area. Putting revenants in red portal would cause more pking to occur.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  7. irf33 Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

irf33
    Posting Rank:
    Voting to get 500 spins, and obtaining FOG tokens from spins like the old days

• Like Like x 1
  8. a raw trout Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

a raw trout
    Posting Rank:
    To summarize the in-depth explanations below, I think that 19 is a good suggestion, 16 could work if edited, 17 isn't necessary, and 18 is odd.

16. Voting every 24 hours gives players a random gift pack containing stuff ranging from junk to party hats, this will give players the incentive to vote..

As was mentioned already, getting party hats from voting would be a very bad idea. I think that voting for FoG tokens could be useful seeing as not many people actually play the FoG minigame. There isn't a significant source of FoG tokens entering the economy, but many items require FoG to purchase them from Ariane.

17. Add an extremely expensive armour set ( Tetsu ) Costing 200 ecto tokens for the whole set, apart from being cosmetically appealing, its stats should be as good though, but no too OP. We need something in game that drives players to work for it everyday, and not just pointless pvming
    This isn't a bad idea, but Tetsu is a melee armor. Almost all of the bosses in Playworld are done with range, so this addition wouldn't be very necessary and most players wouldn't be affected by it.

18. Bearing in mind point 17, to supplement that, from my previous posts, Enable capturing NPC's too
    I have no opinion on this other than that it seems odd.

19. Move revenants to deep red portal, considering how small the community is now, it'd be nice to go kill them for corrupts and at the same time risk getting pked. i doubt anyone would gear to all the way to pk in wildy caves. At the same time disable teleing from red portal
    This could be good. Right now red portal is underused, so this might spark a bit of activity.

On a different note...
    In response to number 16, I would like to reference my post that I used to reply to the original suggestions on this thread.
    Voting to keep items on death is another example of a reward that would target only the P2P portion of the server. As I said in my previous post, the majority of the server needs to have incentives to vote if any progress is going to be made.

9. irf33 Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

irf33
    Posting Rank:
    Agreed, with regards to capturing NPC's, the idea is from the other server SOULSPLIT ( now closed ). and the idea was a hit among the community and everyone loved it

10. irf33 Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

irf33
    Posting Rank:
    Corrupt VLS spec doesn't work, can you fix that, sometimes we wana use it during pking in red
    Plus Vesta longsword spec is so nerfed, can you fix it...

11. a raw trout Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

a raw trout
    Posting Rank:
    It works. I hit a 650 for a KO with it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. irf33 Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

irf33
    Posting Rank:
    Corrupt vls spec doesnt work

13. x star x Legendary Donator
    • Legendary Donator

x star x
    Posting Rank:
    I understand you guys want new amour and gold cannons and 120 capes, but that's all eoc stuff. Playworld is base off of pre eoc. Isupport the 120 capes.

14. Jonah Trusted Dicer
    • Legendary Donator
    • Trusted Dicer

Jonah
    Posting Rank:
    No ones like eoc because of the combat system and graphics, these small little additions wouldn't be a huge impact to drive people to quit.

There's only like one eoc thing anyways....

15. x star x Legendary Donator
    • Legendary Donator

x star x
    Posting Rank:
    Your right about that, that's why i supported the 120 capes. I'm not really a big pvmer so, all the other things is out my league.

16. Callum Regular Donator
    • Regular Donator

Callum
    Posting Rank:
    Corrupt VLS isn't suppose to have a spec
    As for everything else the only thing that stands out to me is the 120 capes, add them pls

• Like Like x 1
  17. irf33 Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

irf33
    Posting Rank:
    120 capes should need work to get though, lamps or something like that

18. Angeline GFX Artist
    • Legendary Donator
    • Forum Mod

Angeline
    Posting Rank:
    support and i agree with Jonah :D 

• Like Like x 1
  19. irf33 Extreme Donator
    • Extreme Donator

irf33
    Posting Rank:
    Bump

20. Taurus Forum Moderator
    • Server Moderator
    • Legendary Donator
    • Forum Mod

Taurus
    Posting Rank:
    These are the ones I agree with most:

7 - Comp capes are worn all the time and they should take some continous effort. Instead I'd say more minigames per week (to keep them active) and possibly quests (when more are added as well).

11 - I never favored 120 capes at all up until recently. Since highscores was added this week and players can earn 200,000,000m XP now, I can see them being a nice addition/incentive maybe.

12 - I agree there could be more events in multi. As for tickets, not a lot because of ticket farming.

• Apr 29, 2017 at 12:16 PM