Secure your forum account further!

Velocus

Reaction score

Hi this is my first guide on how to keep your forum account even more secure. I have been in several big rsps and the most concerning thing has been security breach to confidential data of users. Through out my years of time done in rsps, I noticed this one was the only one that can 100% detect VPN connection in game, making it tremendously difficult for rule breakers

kudos to the developers for their priorities in security because thats the first thing any player would want in order to enjoy the game they play... i noticed the security tab and saw several ways we can use to make sure only you can login on your forum account, even if someone happens to get your password. this is crucial because even your in game accs that you bind to your forum acc, can be at a risk too.

So there are 4 ways you can use to secure your forum account:
  • IP address
  • Security questions
  • Email code verification
  • Google authentication

You can go to them by hovering your name:
ad405f02b5c1f1b2f15f5f4eb473167e.png

or from your account settings:
af97216e70b4c7bcd8bdfe99a6f1d04e.png

Personally i found the google authentication method better for me as I always have my smartphone with me. The other 3 options are pretty self explanatory but I will write a short description for each and then explain how to do the google authentication method

IP address: if you are static ip this feature can be handy where you can lock your account to your ip only. you can also use ip range if your ip bounces to similar digits that start with the defined number.

Security questions: you can answer up to 5 questions and then you will be asked to answer any two.

Email code verification: when you login, an email will come in your inbox that you set as the email address on your forum account. this email will contain a code that you must enter in the requested field.
451e2eff288c8ad246d0339895728380.png

Google authentication: This feature allows you to download the google authenticator app on your smartphone, which will give you a code to enter when you login on the forums. To start setting this up, do the following steps:

Click "Two-Factor Security" on the forum, you will come to this page:
a6fb25b1b74bff15abd6240f8c3f1f41.png

Click "Create Google Authenticator key", it will then give you this:
7a1bff94047234ebf912e5576603e5ee.png

Simply use the app you downloaded and scan that logo thing. You will then receive a code on that app as so:
38727341a4cff7d3454d5327daf0f79c.png

This now shows the app has fetched details of PlayWorld Forums and received your account.

Simply enter this code in the "Authentication code" field. Once done, click "Create Google Authenticator Key" on the forum and on the app, click "Add account".

Voila! that is it! now anytime someone logs in on your account, they are presented by this:
f17062ff2d9dd8cc71781a68a9115835.png

Simply check the google autheticator app and it will say you the code. Just enter it here! and boom you on your account!

If you are worried about being annoyed by continuously verifying the login through email/google authenticator, then no worries because you can tick to save the current device for 7 days and then you wont be asked to verify for the next 7 days!

Amethyst

Kunoichi
Guider
Reaction score

Great forums guide; should be quite useful for forum users to secure their accounts.

Pain

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Guider
Reaction score

Well done with the guide. I've added it to the official Wiki.

Jen

Rules Enforcer
Rules Enforcer
Reaction score

Can tell you worked hard, thank u for making this nice guide!

Jacob_

Papi
Reaction score

very well done! thanks for the guide.

DirtyGranpa

Reaction score

Hi this is my first guide on how to keep your forum account even more secure. I have been in several big rsps and the most concerning thing has been security breach to confidential data of users. Through out my years of time done in rsps, I noticed this one was the only one that can 100% detect VPN connection in game, making it tremendously difficult for rule breakers

kudos to the developers for their priorities in security because thats the first thing any player would want in order to enjoy the game they play... i noticed the security tab and saw several ways we can use to make sure only you can login on your forum account, even if someone happens to get your password. this is crucial because even your in game accs that you bind to your forum acc, can be at a risk too.

• IP address
  • Security questions
  • Google authentication

Personally i found the google authentication method better for me as I always have my smartphone with me. The other 3 options are pretty self explanatory but I will write a short description for each and then explain how to do the google authentication method

IP address: if you are static ip this feature can be handy where you can lock your account to your ip only. you can also use ip range if your ip bounces to similar digits that start with the defined number.

Security questions: you can answer up to 5 questions and then you will be asked to answer any two.

Email code verification: when you login, an email will come in your inbox that you set as the email address on your forum account. this email will contain a code that you must enter in the requested field.

Google authentication: This feature allows you to download the google authenticator app on your smartphone, which will give you a code to enter when you login on the forums. To start setting this up, do the following steps:

Simply use the app you downloaded and scan that logo thing. You will then receive a code on that app as so:

This now shows the app has fetched details of PlayWorld Forums and received your account.

Simply enter this code in the "Authentication code" field. Once done, click "Create Google Authenticator Key" on the forum and on the app, click "Add account".

Voila! that is it! now anytime someone logs in on your account, they are presented by this:

Simply check the google autheticator app and it will say you the code. Just enter it here! and boom you on your account!

If you are worried about being annoyed by continuously verifying the login through email/google authenticator, then no worries because you can tick to save the current device for 7 days and then you wont be asked to verify for the next 7 days!
awesome guide!
great work

Jane

Extreme Donator
Reaction score

• IP address
  • Security questions
  • Google authentication

not bad

fluffygirl

Reaction score

• IP address
  • Security questions
  • Google authentication

you seem to have worked hard to make this :dizzy: its so long
good work though

Owlman

Reaction score

May want to update the guide to only the following two options. Still great efforts with the guide :emoji_thumbsup:

Velocus

Reaction score

May want to update the guide to only the following two options. Still great efforts with the guide :emoji_thumbsup:
Thank u. i will be updating it soon as been writing a new guide recently :emoji_smile:

Señorita

Zelicious Forum Mod
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
IGN
Z4 Zaya

Wow that is one detailed guide! Well done @Velocus

I just checked it out and it seems this guide needs a slight update. Here it is:

Head to Password and security then click 'change' for two-step verification.
1565327002330.png

You will be granted with the following two options:
1565327066129.png

I would recommend using verification code via app as its more secure and reliable.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu